Available in 26 colors, General Finishes Milk Paint is a high quality interior/exterior pre-mixed paint. Not a true "casein based milk paint" but a modern version of old world paint with a strong mineral base. It is adaptable and UV resistant. It may be applied via brush or spray and possesses excellent flow and leveling properties.
You can mix it, lighten it, distress it, glaze it, layer different colors or antique it - perfect for upcycling or repurposing furniture. instructions.
Please note that colors will vary depending on your screen settings. Visit our retail location to view our paint swatches and to ensure an accurate color representation.
General Finishes - Acrylic Milk Paint
- USE: Interior and Exterior
- SHEEN: Satin
- COATS: Normally 2-3
- RECOAT: 1-2 hours
- APPLICATION METHOD: Acrylic bristle brush, foam brush, paint pad applicator or spray using 1.8-2.0 spray tip.
- PRIMER NOT REQUIRED (note exceptions): GF Milk Paints are self-sealing, so it is not necessary to use a primer. We recommend a stain-blocking primer if you need to seal knots, cover grain (dark or red color as reds tend to bleed), paint light or white over an existing finish, or if you're painting a wood that is known to bleed, such as Pine or Oak.
- TOPCOAT: Milk Paint dries to a low luster sheen and is durable enough to stand up to medium abuse. However, if maximum durability is required, apply 1 or 2 coats of GF High Performance.
- EXTERIOR PROJECTS: Milk paint can be used alone or with Exterior 450 Topcoat.
- COVERAGE: 150 sq. ft/qt
- CAN SIZES: Pint, Quart, Gallon
- VOC: <150g/l (1.25lbs/gal.) ACTUAL VOC: <10 g/l (.06 lbs/gal)
- CLEANING YOUR FINISH: Clean with a water-damp rag. Do not clean until the finish has cured completely (21 days). If your surface requires deep cleaning due to grease or grime, add a speck of detergent or a bit of vinegar. Avoid using oil-soap or silcone-based daily cleaners such as Pledge, Endust or Murphy's Oil.